Monday, October 5, 2009

The Princess and the Eco-Pea

Let's talk mattresses!

If you're looking to buy a new one, you should research the most eco-friendly options.

Firstly, do you need a new mattress? Even if your old one wasn't built from sustainable materials, keeping it may be less wasteful than buying a new, eco-friendly version.

But if you're absolutely ready for a new one, there are sustainable mattresses available. When I bought my new mattress, I visited a factory to see exactly how eco-friendly mattresses were made (I'm nuts; I know). I tried out quite a few, at varying levels of comfort and sustainability, but many that I tried were upwards of $2000, so I finally found a less expensive option.

For the same price as a traditional mattress, I bought a Keetsa mattress. They are free from the toxins, formaldehyde, and pesticides that are present in mainstream mattresses (Who wants to sleep on pesticides?), and their production has a minimal effect on the environment. They are reasonably priced, and they arrive at your door in about two days.

Plus, they are so so comfy!

So if you're looking for new sleeping digs, check them out:

www.keetsa.com