Sunday, October 26, 2008

Don't Get Cocky

I have to say, I agree with McCain on at least one thing: "Don't believe the polls."

Sure, Obama's ahead in "the polls."

But, think about all of the people you've met in your life.

For example, I've attended five schools, lived in six states, worked in four offices, and been on set for scores of commercials, tv shows, movies, and internet shorts, where I've met a countless number of people over the years. In addition to that, I've met so many more people socially, at parties, through friends, romantically, through family, as neighbors, through volunteering, through common interests, etc.

And I have never, ever met someone who's answered a political "poll."

Where ARE these people?

4 comments:

Lucas Calhoun said...

You make a great point. I too, have never met anyone polled by Gallop, CNN, Reuters, etc. I also have never met anyone who has been asked to participate in the Nielsen ratings. I have always wanted to do that.

motorman said...

I was actually called by Gallop about 9 years ago. I count. Yea.

John said...

I was polled by Gallup once during a Presidential election. I pretended to be undecided but "leaning" toward the candidate of my choice. I don't know why I did that or how it might have skewed the results, but it seemed subversive and I live on the edge like that. I make my own rules. You can't stop me. I'm unstoppable.

Oldsoul1965 said...

It's interesting how one can be reading a political article, and before you know it you end up in a blogspot that one of your favorite TV people owns. (Loved you on Boiling Points!)
I've never been polled by Gallup either,but once when I was in Warsaw, for a horse race- I did gallup by poles. ;-) TF