Friday, August 15, 2008

What Day Is It?

I have never before traveled as much as I have this past month. I'm working on 2 shows, and it's been quite a ride.

As of tomorrow, I will have been in 6 cities in this one week alone. SIX CITIES IN ONE WEEK!

That's a lot of plane time. And bus time. And car time. And even more plane time. Now I know how a musician on tour feels.

On Monday I woke up in a hotel room and forgot what city I was in. For real.

Today, I was walking down the street in NYC (I actually had a few hours in my own city), and I heard a woman speaking very slowly to an elderly man saying, "TODAY. IS. FRIDAY."

At first I thought how much it would suck to be so out of it, that you need someone to tell you what day it is.

Then I realized that until she said it, I was sure it was Thursday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, does it still suck then?

Sean Beauford said...

That happens to me on a daily basis.

Mark said...

Did I see u in this week's Criminal Intent??

Chris A. said...

Hey Alison!
Love the pic. My friend did one where he's on the cover of GQ. Classic.
But what I really wanted to say is I enjoy your VH1 countdown every Saturday while I'm working! It makes the work day go by a little bit faster.
Thank you and keep up with the hilarious blogs!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Translation of above comment:

fap fap fap

Anonymous said...

what do you mean fap anonymous?
I was simply saying I enjoyed her show and thought the picture was funny.

Anon#3 said...

I agree with Anon #1. fap fap fap

Anonymous said...

screw both of you guys. i'm going home