Thursday, January 3, 2008

Cock-Cuss

I think many people still don't understand how the caucuses work. That's unfortunate, because it's a pretty amazing process.
Iowa, unlike other states, does not hold primary elections. Instead, they hold caucuses. But what's super rad is the difference between the Republican caucuses and the Democratic ones. The Republicans vote via secret ballot, all sketchy-like. Then they leave, steal money from poor people, and murder puppies.
But, the Democrats talk about the issues, and through debates and discussion, they decide the candidate they want to support. Then they go make magical unicorns out of recycled newspapers and cure cancer.

By the way, I'm registered as an independent.

Also, here's some good reading on how the Iowa caucus works. Learn about how your country works! You can't complain if you don't know what's going on!

4 comments:

UWHawke said...

An independent . . . right. Sounds like it. lol. I'm an independent too, and I admit, the Democratic Caucus procedures seem a little silly, but effective. I was just thinking tonight that every state should have a caucus. I'd sure enjoy the process, and have fun.

Anonymous said...

i think you should update your flickr account! happy new year :)

Cool Hip Ironic Name said...

I'm making a snarky comment.

corey said...

...but that republican puppy BBQ afterwards is outstanding!